Sunday 18 February 2018

WALKING 10,000 STEPS A DAY MAY NOT MAKE YOU FIT

WALKING 10,000 STEPS A DAY MAY NOT MAKE YOU FIT


The 10,000-steps-a-day fitness canon is bunk. Has always been. The idea was not born of research. You can put away your pedometer. Back in the 1960s, a young Japanese doctor, Dr Yoshiro Hatano, worried the Japanese were turning into couch potatoes under the influence of their American friends. “He reckoned that if he could persuade his fellow Japanese to increase their daily steps from 4,000 to around 10,000 then they would burn approximately 500 extra calories a day and remains slim,” says an article in BBC.

A pedometer called ‘Manpo-Kei’- meaning ‘10,000 steps meter’-followed and 10,000 steps a day became a manta.

    To get fit, you need slightly breathless and set the heart beating harder. You should be able to talk but not sing. And ambling for 6km won’t do it. Instead, researchers say, you can get fitter in less time by walking fast for just 10 minutes thrice a days-altogether 3,000 steps. Any ordinary watch will do, you don’t a smart GPS-enabled pedometer for that.

IF YOU FIND THIS ABOVE IS USEFUL FOR YOU PLEASE SHARE WITH OTHERS TOO


1 comment:

  1. “I read these posts and wished to share my experience using natural herbal medicine and a lifestyle change.

    As an ICU nurse with an amazing 38years old career, I know what a medical miracle is. For no reason, I have never liked herbal medicines until I witnessed a confirmed HIV positive patient test result reversed to HIV negative after conducting more tests on him which all came back HIV negative.

    Back then many experts who saw the test results gave different suggestions to their best understanding and why it was possible or impossible. But to me, it was nothing more than a medical miracle.

    I scrutinized him and found out he has been cured with herbal medicine which a physician have prepared for him.

    I also suffered from GENITAL HERPES back then which was the primary reason that has made me remain single and my biggest secret that has made me understand life in the best way I should.

    Through this abovementioned person who had been cured of HIV, I contacted this physician who permanently cured me GENITAL HERPES with herbal medicine and also cured a PSORIASIS patient with herbal medicine through me, and in all these tribulations and recovery phases, we conquered.

    The good news is that this physician is available on:
    drutuherbalcure@gmail.com
    +2349072733661.

    ReplyDelete